How to Use CBD Oil for Dogs: Here’s Everything You Need to KnowAre you confused in deciding whether you should introduce CBD oil to your dog or not? Because you may have been hearing a lot about it lately, as it is one of the most raved-about choices in the holistic wellness communities. Nevertheless, like with any substance, this holistic remedy also comes with its fair share of interrogations. If you’re currently exploring the ideas to provide your four-legged friend a better quality of life and add CBD to its routine, you may wonder a lot of things, including how to use CBD oil for your dog? The good news is USA hemp’s CBD oil for pets is way too easy to give to your furry companions than you may think. There are five things you should be considering when using CBD oil for your dogs. Now, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is CBD; How Does CBD Oil Work?Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis. It is a plant with a rich history of medicine since the beginning of time. You’ve probably heard the terms cannabis, marijuana, and hemp all tossed around concerning CBD. The fact is, the Cannabis Sativa plant has two primary species; hemp and marijuana. Both contain CBD, but hemp has a much higher concentration of CBD with low levels of THC (the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana). Unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive component; that’s what makes it incredibly popular and safe all at the same time. Read about CBD oil vs. THC Oil. Currently, research on CBD oil for dogs is in its initial stages. Still, some studies and anecdotal data have found that cannabinoids, including CBD, interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems, which help sustain balance in the body, improving the quality of your pet’s life.
How to Administer CBD Oil to Your Dog; 3 Methods
1. Apply CBD Oil Directly Into Your Dog’s Mouth:If you want quick results and your pup is not too fussy, hold the CBD oil dropper, fill it with the correct CBD dose, and place it straight into your dog’s mouth. You can also squeeze the dropper sublingually (under the tongue). Once done, don’t forget to offer a treat to your dog afterward. Find out how to use our pet CBD oil.
2. Mix The CBD with Food:As a dog owner, you must know every dog is fond of food and can munch on their favorite food all day if we let them. So here’s a tip, if you want to use CBD oil for your dog without any hassle, add it to the pet’s favorite meal and see the magic. This way, your dog will consume the required dose of CBD while enjoying its food. This method is effective in creating a CBD routine for your dog. We recommend starting with a smaller dosage so that the change in texture and taste go unnoticed. This is because if your dog is a picky eater, it will leave its food bowl untouched if something smells unusual. According to research on humans, it was observed that taking CBD at mealtime enhances the effectiveness of CBD. Also, fatty meals increase CBD absorption and bioavailability.
3. Present CBD Oil As a Treat:Although offering CBD oil with mealtime is a great idea, sometimes it doesn’t work for smaller dogs because they identify the unusual taste or smell and disregard it. However, you can use treats to reward good behaviour; so, it will help your dog associate CBD as something positive. Dry treats better absorb CBD oil; all you need to do is take your dog’s favorite cookies or biscuits, place a few drops of CBD oil on them, let it rest for a few seconds, and voila, your dog will devour these in no time.
How to Use CBD Oil for Your Dog: Choose the best:As mentioned above, CBD is a natural substance in marijuana and hemp. Both hemp and marijuana are somewhat similar, but the difference lies in the concentration of THC. Marijuana comprises a large amount of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the ingredient responsible for causing you a “high.” In contrast, hemp contains slightly lower concentrations of THC. According to the 2018 Farm bill, legal hemp must have less than 0.3% THC. So while your dog can still appreciate the calm that CBD oil for pets provides, it won’t get high.
- Look For A Full Or Broad Spectrum Hemp:
- Your Dog’s CBD Oil Uses CO2 Extraction:
- Look For A Certificate Of Analysis:
How Often should you use CBD oil for your dog:It depends on why you want to give CBD oil to your dog; for instance, if you’re going to use CBD oil as a general wellness remedy, once a day is enough for your dog. For specific conditions, we recommend talking to the vet for CBD oil dosage. Also, you can use CBD oil before presuming a stressful event such as a thunderstorm or a doctor’s appointment coming up; it will help soothe your dog’s nerves.
Can your dog overdose on CBD:No. The good news about CBD oil is that your dogs cannot overdose on it. According to a study published in Pubmed, Hemp-derived legal CBD oil is safe and well-tolerated by dogs. Another research at Colorado university confirmed these results. However, your dog may develop minor side effects such as:
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure